Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fulfillment



I've heard it said the journey is far more important than the victory. I believe that is true.

Case and point: Cookie dough.

I have never once in my life had a cookie that I thought was as good as the dough that formed it. And in all honesty, I think that the store bought cookie dough is pure weakness compared to cookie dough made from scratch. It lacks love. It lacks work. It lacks personal flavor.

Yet somehow, even the best cookies just aren't enough to satisfy my cravings. I will always want more. My mother's finest baking efforts last a short amount of time, as I must consume them due to their deliciousness. The cookies that I fantasize about just aren't enough for me. And I want more. Always.

Don't think that any kind of accomplishment or prize will make you feel whole. As people, we will always want more. Some people work their whole lives for something they wanted very bad, and when they finally get it, it all falls flat.

Here's my advice.
1.) Make knowing Jesus your prize. Then you already have fulfillment you can't lose.
2.) Enjoy the journey he takes you on, and work hard at it.
3.) When you eat cookies, don't rob them of their potential by eating them without milk. It's a waste of cookies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment