Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sea Shells

At any given time, I would rather be at the beach than where I am. Even awesome times would only be more awesome on the beach. I've made several road trips to Galveston, which a lot people tell me is a gross beach that isn't worth the drive, but I go anyways because a gross beach is still better than no beach in my opinion.

Maybe heaven is like the beach. I don't know. Maybe it's like the mountains. Maybe it's like Saturn. I have no idea. Here's what I do know, though. Heaven is not the beach. It's not the mountains. It's not anywhere on Earth or in the universe (sorry, Saturn). 

We get confused about two things about heaven. 
1. That it's comparable to things we know now.
2. That all the cool things to do there will make us happy.

What heaven truly is is our home. It's where we were meant to be. The world we live in is a shell of a home for us. Even the coolest parts couldn't satisfy us forever.

I used to think that in heaven Pokemon would be real. I know someone who once told me that he thinks heaven has a guy doing five back flips on a dirt bike over a Coke machine. Maybe those things exist in heaven, but if they do, I don't think we'll care. The true sweetness of heaven will be finally being able to be around God. Think of it like when someone who's really special to you is around (maybe your grandma, maybe your big brother). You have such a great time just from being around them. They don't even have to do anything, they just have to be there. Being in heaven with God will be like that, but magnified roughly five gajillion times. We'll be complete at last. 

Get hype. He loves you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment